We’ve found that Canva is a remarkably easy and powerful platform for you to use as you build your brand and exposure. Not only is the user’s interface simple and easy to learn but they also have hundreds of templates, designs, and photos that you can choose from so that you can express yourself and bring out the designer in you. The nice thing is that you truly do not need to have a knack for marketing because there are so many predesigned pieces that you can instantly use in your business. Let’s get started and then create a marketing piece that you can start using today!
Head over to Canva.com and create an account, if you have not already done so. There are 3 account options:
Canva | Free –
- 8,000+ free templates
- 100+ design types (social media posts, presentations, letters, and more)
- Hundreds of thousands of free photos and graphics
Canva Pro | $9.95/mo billed yearly or $12.95/mo billed monthly
- Everything Free has, plus:
- Create your brand’s visual identity with logos, colors and fonts in 1 Brand Kit
- One-click design resize
- 60,000+ free templates
- 4+ million free photos and graphics
- Upload your own fonts and logos
- Custom templates
Canva Enterprise | $30/mo billed yearly
- Everything Pro has, plus:
- Establish your brand’s visual identity with logos, colors, and fonts across multiple Brand Kits
- Control what team members can see, access, and upload in Canva with brand controls
- Built-in workflows to get approval on your designs
- Protect any part of your design from team edits with advanced template locking
- Unlimited storage
- Single-sign on (SSO)
- 24/7 Enterprise-level support
It’s a good idea to start off with the basic version so that you can see if this is going to be a good marketing solution for you. They do run a 30-day free trial of Canva Pro which you will be offered during your set up. No harm in giving this a try. They say that they will notify you 3 days prior to your free offer expiring so that you can choose whether to continue on with Pro or go back to the basic platform. There are definitely benefits with opting for Pro if you are going to be using Canva as your primary marketing design source. It’s what we use and it has all of the bells and whistle need to create nearly anything you want.
Once you get to the end of your set up, it will prompt you to start your first design. Don’t be intimidated, and have fun. Watch the video above where we talk a bit more about the platform options and then we take you on a tour, show you the key areas in your new design studio and then we’ll actually create something that you can post today!
Looking for more tutorials? The Canva Design School has everything you need to bring your work to life!
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They’ll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
Visit WBNL Podcast for all of our Episodes, Show Notes, Videos and Links to Resources