In Episode 82 of the Wandering But Not Lost Podcast, co-hosts Matt Emerson and Jan O’Brien have an open discussion on the importance of customer service, the impact of reviews, and share a few rants and raves from their recent experiences.
Here are the most important social and other sites to have client reviews:
- Your Facebook Business Page
- Google My Business
It’s a little tricky finding your URL for reviews if you have listed your business on Google (so it shows up on Maps – know called Google My Business). Here is a support article on How To Create a Link for Customer to Write Reviews: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7035772?hl=en.
- Your Website
- Set up the importance of Client Reviews from the beginning – at the Initial consultation
- Take note of what sites does your client already use?
- Describe your client review process at the close of escrow
- A reminder during the transaction – an opportunity to reinforce the importance of reviews
- At closing – remind the client to look for the email with the details. They can use the same review on multiple sites
- Customize the email an dsend links to your review sited that your client uses and/or has an account already
- Bonus – Get a Video Testimonial
- Be prepared to send reminders and ask for the review 4-5 times!
- Don’t be afraid to ask and remind your client about the review!
BONUS CLIENT CONNECTION: Call your past clients if you haven’t gotten a review from them yet and walk them through the process then send the customized email with links!
Here is a template to use, revise and customize to request those reviews and recommendations:
I want to sincerely thank you for trusting me to secure the closing of our transaction at property address. I’m truly grateful. I enjoyed working with you. The relationship we developed is important to me, and I’m looking forward to keeping in contact with you and others that you may refer to me. When you think of real estate I want you to turn to me as your consultant.
I have a huge favor to ask of you. My business is largely built on the kind support and recommendations I receive from current and past customers.
I would be so grateful if you would be open to writing an online review/testimonial for me. These ratings have become a critical part of any business and your recommendation would be a great addition. I ask that you post your review of my services and your overall experience on the following platforms (you can post the same review on all the sites). It only takes a moment and it helps ensure that reviews are from actual clients.
- Zillow: [insert URL]
- Realtor.com [insert URL]
- Google: [insert URL]
- Facebook: [insert URL]
- Yelp: [insert URL]
Testimonials can be hard to get started so I’ve had my marketing team put together some samples and info on making it as easy as 1 -2- 3. The info is attached.
Lastly, I’m also always looking for new clients and so I would truly appreciate it if you would keep your ears open to anyone who may thinking of buying or selling and consider letting them know that there is a new kind of Realtor in town – one who is treating their real estate business like a business by putting the client first.
Check out these Podcasts for more on Client Reviews and Your Online Presence
Own Your Online Presence & Get More Client Reviews – Part 1
- Episode 51 http://wbnlpodcast.com/episode51/
Online Presence & Get More Client Reviews – Part 2
- Episode 52 http://wbnlpodcast.com/episode52/
Handling Negative Reviews
- Episode 9 http://wbnlpodcast.com/episode9/