In this episode, we focus on motivation and mindset, specifically starting your day off on the right foot and a positive note.
What is Your Morning Ritual?
How you start your day truly impacts how the rest of the day plays out!
Adopt a daily ritual. A morning routine, to start your day in a positive mindset and with focused intention. Show up every day: Mentally, Physically, Emotionally and Spiritually. Now more than ever it’s important to get up, do your morning mindset ritual, get dressed for success and get to work!
- Morning meditation or prayer
- Read a few pages from a book that inspires you
- Daily gratitude – journal what you are grateful for each morning
- Exercise, stretch, take a walk
- Review your goals and say your affirmations
- Eat a healthy breakfast
- Review your day’s tasks and schedule
Win the day – know your measurement for daily success
What are the one to three specific things you could on a daily basis that would really drive your business and life goals? What are the one to three actions that have the highest return and the most valuable use of your time?
Do the most important things first in the morning, preferably without interruption, for 60 to 90 minutes, with a clear start and stop time. If possible, work in a private space during this period, or with sound-reducing earphones. Finally, resist every impulse to distraction, knowing that you have a designated stopping point. The more absorbed you can get, the more productive you’ll be. When you’re done, take at least a few minutes to reflect and refresh.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Make “X” connections with people in my database
- Send “X” personal notes
- Add one new person to my database
- Set one appointment daily
- Make “X” calls, texts, emails to my niche or primary prospecting target
- Hand out 5 business cards and ask for business, a referral or for permission to add them to my database
I have two daily measurements for business success (the growth of my brokerage) that has helped me stay focused in the chaos of any given day. My daily success measurement is to accomplish at least one of these daily actions:
- Five connections with agents
- One recruiting appointment set
I am happy to report; this is really working for me! Regardless of how busy and full my day is, I know that I am not finished and the day is not a success until I have either set one recruiting appointment or talked to at least five agents about scheduling a meeting.
Final thought on winning the day, get an accountability partner!
I have an accountability partner for my morning routine and one for my business daily success. This added layer of support truly motivates and keeps me on task.
In today’s instant access and fast-paced world, we can all benefit from the power of slowing down and staying focused an a few key things that are the true drivers of our overall success.
- What is your morning routine?
- How will you win the day and the week?
- Who is your accountability partner?
Mentioned in this episode:
- BrainSync – Kelly Howell
- Meditation for Busy People blog post –
- Download our Meditation Tools, Apps and Resource list: Meditation-Tools-Apps-Resources
- Free Soul Academy – you can also follow Free Soul Academy on Facebook