Here is your update for April 9th:
Here is the applicable excerpt in the Guidance Doc (like FAQs):
I’m thinking about buying a new house. Can I see it?: Yes…but you’ll have to look at pictures, take a virtual tour, and handle all of the paperwork (whenever possible) without seeing anyone in person. For now, “Open Houses” and in-person showings of single and multi-family homes that are occupied by renters are prohibited.
Bottom line and policies to be followed at Home Connect America:
- No Open Houses or Showings if the property is occupied by renters. All vacant and owner-occupied open houses are discouraged unless you are practicing strict COVID-19 safety procedures and scheduling or spacing the showings.
- Conduct Virtual Open Houses – learn how to do this on Monday, 9am Zoom training for the 30-Day Work from Home Challenge. Not registered yet? Do that here: https://
joinhomeconnectamerica.com/30- day-challenge-registration/ and get instant access to all the previous trainings and tips plus daily email notifications of new material
- Conduct buyer consultations and showings virtually using Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.
- Only show properties under these conditions:
- Buyer is fully pre-approved and serious about purchasing
- Listing agent/seller is okay with the home being shown. If not, then have your buyer consider the option of writing an offer subject to a visual inspection within 2-3 days of acceptance.
- If you have approval to show a property:
- Take separate vehicles
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing when showing the home
- Wear mask and gloves and provide the same or ask your client to bring them
- Do not touch anything in the home other than opening doors if necessary
- Guidelines for Listing Properties
- Conduct a Virtual Seller Consultation & Presentation
- Send and review all paperwork to seller via Dotloop
- Only work with Videographers/Photographers who are complying with strict COVID-19 safety protocols. Recommended list here: http://
- Discuss showing options with your seller based on their comfort level (Appointment with listing agent? Do they want to leave the property during the showing?)